Setting running goals for the last few years has actually worked for me – I think it brings out my slightly competitive side (albeit when only in competition with myself). Having wrapped up my 2016 goals early, I’ve been thinking ever since about what else I want to achieve which has been quite a challenge as I feel like 2016 has been such an amazing year of running and can’t imagine it being any better.
There is one goal I didn’t achieve so that is the one that will carry over – to run 1000km. I knew from the start that this was a stretch goal and will still be a challenging one for me to achieve in 2017…
- Run 1000km during the year
- Reach my 100 parkrun milestone
- Sub 35minute parkrun
- Walk a marathon. Not an actual marathon, just the distance to prove to myself that I can
- Volunteer at running events – parkrun and others
- Give cycling and swimming a fair go this year
Some of those are rather easy, others I can’t imagine achieving but never say never!