It’s that time of year when a few things are guaranteed to happen – I eat too much (and all of it is ‘bad’), I say ‘where did the year go?’ a lot and I get all reflective on life since January. So here are my reflections – a great chance to think about how far I’ve come this year in my running life.
- Since January, I’ve knocked 6 minutes from my 5km time.
- Since December 2013, I’ve knocked 5 min 14 sec off my 10km time.
- I ran my furthest distance (15km) in the City2Sea, something I wouldn’t have even contemplated a year ago.
- I’ve been a much more consistent runner, as seen in my total kms for the year.
2013 – 121km;
2014 – 516km.
- I joined a running group – the fabulous five30runners. Again, something I never thought I would do.
- I started this running blog and have stuck at it (albeit somewhat sporadically!) – it’s been a great way to connect with others and track my journey.
- I’ve been injured (achilles and calf issues) but haven’t let either of them stop me.
I’m really proud of where I’m at (despite my current, niggling injury) and how I’ve gone this year and am already looking forward to new goals and challenges in 2015. Bring it on!